Walking Elephant Theatre Company At Your School!
Utilizing acting, movement, voice, improv, and playwriting techniques, our documentary theatre workshops support the development of social/emotional life skills such as communication, problem solving, collaboration, and creative expression.
Documentary Theatre Production Workshops are:
- Available September – May
- For high school, middle school, and upper elementary school
- For up to 30 students at a time.
- Creative workshops include interviewing skills, playwriting, movement, and design, with the goal of creating an original live theatre performance.
- Skill based workshops include acting, movement, improvisation, and voice.
- Able to integrate a topic from your curriculum and/or community.
- Exposing students to multiple modalities of learning and expression.
- Flexible based on your students’ grade, experience level, and your feedback.
We come to your school and collaborate with your community to create an original documentary theatre production. The original productions are created from conversations and interviews between young folks and their community. Dates and times will vary depending on availability.
In our ongoing interest to inspire our youth in the vital importance of sharing each other’s stories, we have designed this unique format to fit your needs. We will work with your school to create a thorough documentary theatre experience. The possibilities for programming are endless and will be designed to fit into your curriculum.
To inquire, call or email Reva Navah, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-623-7190